- When the knife is nicked
- ...Coarse stone ( #80 - #400 )
- When the knife is dulled
- ...Medium stone ( #700 - #1200 )
- More sharpen
- ...Finishing stone (#3000 - #8000 )
- Soak whetstone in water about 3 minutes before use.
- Please stabilize the whetstone shown in picture.
The knife blade should be kept at an angle of 15-20 on the whetstone.
- Blade type
- Single-edged knife
- Single-edged knife should be sharpened 90% on the surface and sharpened 10% on back.
- Double-edged knife
- Double-edged knife should be sharpened both sides equally.
- After Sharpening, lightly sharpen the back of knife about few times to remove the burrs.
Whetstone is getting dented time by time, so it is necessary to maintenance by water-resistant paper or abrasive paper.
After using the whetstone, wash it by water, and dry in shaded area.
We have repairing item, whose name is "Mensuly".